If you are like me and most of the people I associate myself with, then you too have a challenging time “fitting it all in”.
We are bombarded with “doing it all, having it all and consuming it all” all the time on social media, tv and radio. It does get overwhelming and at times I myself have become bitter, frustrated and have found myself myself feeling like I am not good enough.
How we spend our time throughout the day is important. There are only 24 hrs in the day and if we are lucky we sleep for6-8 hrs of it, but what are we really doing the rest of the time?
This question got me thinking. How am I supposed to:
- Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
- Drink my red juice
- Drink my vitamins
- Take my vitamins and hormones
- Drink my green juice
- Protein smoothie
- Eat more fibre
- Do yoga
- Walk the dog
- Read more books
- Take a course on perfecting something
- Clean the house
- Do laundry
- Go grocery shopping
- Meet with accountant, book keeper
- Friends, family
- Connect with spouse
- Wash hair
- Oh and learn how to use my new cooking gadget
- Build my business
- Teach my clients
- Work with clients
- And find peace, relaxation and contentment while I am at it????
I must say, reading this list makes me a little dizzy.
BUT THERE IS A SOLUTION
WRITE DOWN THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS FOR YOU!
We are all different.
- Maybe yoga and meditation can go into one category, Maybe it can even be a part of your workout category.
- Maybe you can find a way to start your day with a cup of warm water and lemon before your coffee.
- Maybe your smoothie can include a mixture that has your vitamins and fibre too.
- Schedule in the important things and make it consistent.
- Example: walk dog everyday at a specific times daily.
- Do your yoga or workout 1st thing in the morning.
- Always have water with you.
- Make Sunday’s grocery shopping day…
These are just a few examples.
The bottom line is, find something that works for you.
You might need to hire someone to help you at first, but soon enough you will start to accomplish more in your day and the overwhelming feelings will slowly start to fade.
Whatever is important to you will come up to the surface and you will start to see progress and success.
A little action goes a long way.
Start small and feel good now!!!